hit counter

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Origin of Cli Fi -- A New Genre

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
robert eggleton View Drop Down
Runner
Runner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert eggleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Origin of Cli Fi -- A New Genre
    Posted: Oct-18-2015 at 8:29pm
Short excerpt of Rarity from the Hollow:

"...Everything in this hollow rots, especially the people. You know that," Faith said.

"We ain't rotten. Just look at all the beautiful flowers," Lacy Dawn said...."

Please help Lacy Dawn make Earth a place worth saving, a clean and safe environment for abused children, first. Then, the kids can help save the universe for us all. Some adults are in denial. They won't listen to scientists about our impending fate. Kids like those in Rarity from the Hollow, empowered victims, are our best hope to protect the planet, their inheritance for better or worse. Learn how to help right here:

http:/orthwardho.blogspot.tw/2015/10/meet-robert-eggleton-author-of-powerful. - http://northwardho.blogspot.tw/2015/10/meet-robert-eggleton-author-of-powerful.html

On 10-18-15, world renown American climate activist, Dan Bloom, from Taiwan, posted a summary of the Rarity from the Hollow project. He is involved in research on climate change issues. In the spirit of Ursula K. Le Guinn who coined the term "Social Science Fiction," Mr. Bloom is credited with coining the term "cli fi" as a new genre of fiction, our best hope of motivating humans to save Earth from the impact of global warming.

Sponsored Links

robert eggleton View Drop Down
Runner
Runner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert eggleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct-18-2015 at 8:36pm

I was drawn into the story right from the beginning. This piece of speculative fiction is nothing like anything I’ve read before. It faces reality head-on while also pursuing themes that are outlandish in the realm of reality. Yes, there are some explicit references to sexuality and abuse but the author makes it clear that it isn’t a book for children. In a world obsessed with genres like BDSM, I don’t find any reason why this book should be critiqued on basis of its portrayal of abuse and violence. This book has a lot of merit. In the beginning, it is very serious. As it progresses, it becomes somewhat satirical. It hammers home some truths which society tries to hide behind overt niceties. It makes the reader reflect, it makes the reader think over their own perception of the society. DotCom’s entry into the book gives it a new dimension. Some humor too seeps into the story because of DotCom’s presence and the ventures attempted by him and Lacy. The narrative technique is brilliant and it certainly helps the reader in getting involved. I was amazed when the story ended—Amazed at the realistic descriptions of situations that a child might find herself in; amazed by how the author has aptly mingled tragedy with humor. I was very satisfied with the entire novel and I’m definitely going to give it five stars. I would recommend it to people who sympathize with the causes of children who suffer silently in some corner. I would also recommend it to readers of science fiction who expect more in a book than pages full of fantastical ideas.

http://chrisan081.wix.com/pagehungrybookworm#!Review-Rarity-from-the-Hollow-by-Robert-Eggleton/cu6k/55e5e4790cf2c1d1fd666d44 - http://chrisan081.wix.com/pagehungrybookworm#!Review-Rarity-from-the-Hollow-by-Robert-Eggleton/cu6k/55e5e4790cf2c1d1fd666d44

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic